Urbantech is the GTA’s premier boutique Civil Engineering consulting firm. We have earned a reputation of excellence as a leader in the land development industry through decades of experience in project management, construction administration, drafting, and water resources / municipal engineering. We provide the highest quality of engineering services, viewing project milestones from our client’s perspective to ensure timeliness and profitability. We continually offer innovative, practical and cost effective solutions to deliver projects and secure approvals. We exceed industry standards by offering a customized level of service for our clients and their unique projects and goals. Over the years, we have fostered relationships with the approval agencies and we ensure our submissions exceed expectations to facilitate timely approvals.
Urbantech is looking to expand our team! We are seeking motivated, proactive, team driven individuals to join our team in either our Markham or Oakville office. If you are seeking new challenges and thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing land development business with tremendous opportunities for growth and advancement.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer with strong technical, project management and leadership skills to lead land development projects. This is a perfect opportunity for a talented professional to take on technical challenges, work on projects from inception to implementation and lead multidisciplinary project teams.
- Provide preliminary and detailed engineering design for land development projects;
- Prepare functional servicing plans and reports;
- Work with private sector clients, liaise with government approval agencies, coordinate with utility companies, and work with key stakeholders;
- Liaise with approval agencies and obtain required approvals and permits;
- Oversee the preparation of reports, drawings and other design documents prior to submission;
- Provide training and mentorship to junior staff members to foster career development and recognize employees for their contributions;
- Demonstrate Urbantech’s capabilities and quality standards by determining client's needs through well prepared proposals, budgets and time management of technical field staff;
- Take the lead in regular business development activities to foster the company’s growth.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of local experience gained in the consulting industry.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or C.E.T.
- Experience as lead design engineer / design project manager, with a focus on land development.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of quality work products.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and coaching skills, especially the ability to train and mentor professionals.
- Proven project management and design skills with a demonstrated ability to meet project schedules and budgets.
- Knowledge of provincial and municipal environmental regulations and guidelines.
- Creativity, understanding of the gray area between theory and practical application.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage projects, deadlines, and clients.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and technical writing skills.
- Collaborative mindset, able to build long-term, successful relationships with clients and project teams.
Urbantech welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Urbantech offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, benefits and a generous vacation plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to: