We are looking for a Site Supervisor (experience in the municipal/land development field is required), to assist with construction projects including: earthmoving, servicing and road construction. This is a perfect opportunity take direct part of company growth in the new market.
Urbantech is the GTA’s premier boutique Civil Engineering consulting firm with 2 offices in the GTA. We have earned a reputation of excellence as a leader in the land development industry through decades of experience in project management, construction administration, drafting, and water resources / municipal engineering. We provide the highest quality of engineering services, viewing project milestones from our client’s perspective to ensure timeliness and profitability. We continually offer innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to deliver projects and secure approvals. We exceed industry standards by offering a customized level of service for our clients and their unique projects and goals. We are fully committed to build on our reputation and experience to establish fast and successful growth in the new markets.
Urbantech has expanded into OTTAWA! We are seeking organized, disciplined, self-motivated, proactive, team driven individuals to be part of Urbantech’s growth in the Ottawa market.
If you are seeking new challenges and thrive in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing land development business with tremendous opportunities for growth and advancement.
We are looking for a Site Supervisor (experience in the municipal/land development field is required), to assist with construction projects including:earthmoving, servicing and road construction.This is a full-time position - and will require site visits and part time/full time field inspections. The position will involve temporary remote (work from home) through 2021.
- Perform full time or part time site supervision during all construction stages:
o Provide field inspection of earthmoving operations.
o Provide field inspection of storm, sanitary and watermain installations.
o Provide field inspection of road construction.
o Provide detailed daily reports of construction activity;
- Carry out lot grading inspection;
- Site inspections;
- Record As-Constructed information;
- Perform Field Measures (surveying);
- Plot plan review;
- Assist with quantity take-offs;
- Attend site progress meetings, and prepare meeting minutes;
- Coordinate & communicate with clients, contractors, municipal staff, and other professional consultants as required;
- Review and prepare contractor’s progress payment certificates;
- Assist with letter of credit reduction requests on behalf of clients;
- Maintain detailed coordination and correspondence for multiple projects in various phases of construction;
- Revise engineering drawings to reflect as-constructed site conditions;
- Administer excellent construction safety practices on-site through Health & Safety policies and plans.
- College diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field; 2-5 years experience in the municipal/land development industry;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills for interaction and correspondence with clients, colleagues, consultants and team;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills;
- Class G License and access to own vehicle. Qualified applicant will be required to drive to job sites and make deliveries. Mileage will be reimbursed at our standard rates;
- Independent, along with excellent planning and organization abilities.
Urbantech welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Urbantech offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, benefits and a generous vacation plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume and cover letter to: